NETSTAR switch has intelligent Power management features solving a major problem of powering the device for Internet Service Provider. This switch can be powered using Remote Power from customer using specially designed NETMODEM(PoE Injector) or any standard PoE Injector (24V DC, 0.75 AMP). This eliminates the needs of arranging power at building top (UPS not require/ No need to pay more money to customer or society). This saves lot of MONEY of ISPs and improves uninterrupted service to the customer.
Ethernet Connector RJ45 Jacks (8 Ports) 10/100Base-TX with Auto-MDIX
Uplink 1 x 10/100 Base T Uplink PoE Out Port (24V) (Port 8)
Downlink 6 x 10/100 Base T Reverse PoE Ports (Port 2 to Port 7)
(Data + Power IN) &
1 x 10/100 Base PoE Out Port(24V) (Port 1)
Standards IEEE Std. 802.3 10BASE-T 10Mbps, Half/Full Duplex
IEEE Std. 802.3u 100BASE-TX, 10/100Mbps, Half/Full Duplex
IEEE Std. 802.3x Flow control and Back-pressure.
IEEE Std. 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet
Transmission Method Store and Forward
MAC Address 1K MAC address
Packet Buffer Embedded 448K bits packet buffer
Maximum Forwarding Packet Length 1536 bytes
Filtering / Forwarding Rates 100Mbps Port – 148,800pps
10Mbps Port – 14,880pps
Network Cable 4-pair UTP/STP Cat 5 cable
LEDs Link/Activity per Ethernet port
Power: On/Off for Switch
Power: On/Off for PoE Injector
Power Over Ethernet Injector: Power Supply (IN) Power over Ethernet 24V @ 18W on Spare Pair (to supply power to the Netstar switch as well as a compatible PoE device (e.g. CPE))
No. of Ethernet Ports that can
Power ON the Switch and CPE Anyone/All of the six Downlink Ports
Power Over Ethernet Power over Ethernet Injector on Four Pair Cable
Ethernet Devices that can be powered Single
CAT-5 Cable Data Lines Pair 1: Pins 1/2 , Pair 2: Pins3/6
CAT-5 Cable Power Lines + VDC: Pins 4/5 , -VDC: Pins 7/8
Power consumption 2 Watt (Switch)
5 Watt (PoE Injector)
Operating Temperature 0° to 50°C
Storage environment 0° to 75°C
Operating Humidity 20% to 95% (non-condensing)
Dimension of Switch 158mm x 60mm x 50mm
Weight of Switch 171gm
1) Reverse PoE Technology: 8 Port 10/100 Reverse PoE Switch which has latest generation of fast Ethernet Reverse PoE switching technology. It contains 6 x 10/100 Base T Reverse PoE Ports (RPoE) & 2 x 10/100 Base T PoE Out Port (24V).
2) Supports Auto-Negotiation: Each of the ports automatically detect whether connected network devices are running at 10Mbps or 100Mbps and half-duplex or full-duplex mode, and adjusts the speed and mode accordingly ensuring easy and hassle-free operation.
3) Supports Non-Blocking Wire Speed: The Switch forwards and receives traffic seamlessly with its non-blocking wire-speed. Every port of the Switch supports speeds up to 200Mbps in full-duplex mode simultaneously, providing full wire speed to connected devices and allowing you to run a high speed network smoothly.
4) Cascading Support: Switches can be Cascaded for more users per Building (Up to 1 Main + 2 Switches of NS-ER7-P1).
5) Port Base Isolation/Hardware VLAN: The feature of Port Isolation is implemented in this unit where in the Ethernet Data of the Uplink Port can be transferred to any of the Downlink ports but the individual Downlink ports cannot communicate with each other. Port Base Isolation Can be Enabled or Disable using DIP Switch.
6) Surge Protection: We provide 2500V Surge protection on each port to protect against high voltage surge on data ports or uplink port.
7) Over Voltage Protection: Over Voltage Protection is provided on each Data Port to eliminate damage due to connection of Higher Voltage (Higher than 24V DC , upto 50V DC). By mistake if user connect more then 24V PoE Injector then Switch will goes on power off mode and will start working again once this high voltage source is removed.
8) Over Current Protection: We have provided over current protection on each port to prevent damage to the switch in case of high current flowing due to any reason. This is provided using Resettable Fuse to facilitate easy maintenance and avoiding frequent change of blown fuse.